Use books to help your child talk about feelings.
· Answer all questions about the changes, and keep lines of communication open. Make sure your child feels like he or she can ask you questions and get answers about why the divorce happened and what to expect. Utah divorce paperwork online
· Plan special time together. Set aside special time to spend with your child but be careful not to make promises you may not be able to keep.
· Repeatedly tell children that they are not responsible for the divorce. Children need to be reassured that the breakup wasn’t their fault.
· Reassure children of how their needs will be met and of who will take care of them.
· Reassure children that everything will be ok, just different. Children are invariably frightened and confused by divorce. It’s a threat to their security. Provide extra hugs and kisses and tell your child that you and other adults will always be near to love and protect
· Talk to your child’s day-care provider about the divorce. She will better understand your child’s possible regressive behaviors and will likely offer extra support.